Who We Are
Prospero Teaching is a specialist, award-winning agency,¬†with offices across the UK, dedicated¬†teams of candidate managers, compliance, in-house teacher resources and finance supporting our teachers.
This specialist division sits within a larger privately owned group, Prospero Recruitment Ltd, a¬†medium-sized agency with 100+ staff. We have doubled in size every year for the last three years, continue to grow and invest ensuring Prospero is an exciting, dynamic sector leader.
You can take comfort¬†in the knowledge that Prospero Teaching is an established enterprise (formed in 2000) nestled¬†within a wider business framework supported by the backing of its sister brands; Integrated, Health & Social Care, IT & Technical and Engineering, strengthening our core business.
We’re proud to say that our CEO Rob Grays is Chair of the Education Group for APSCo.
Prospero Teaching has been commissioned by¬† the UK Government’s Department for Education to to offer a unique programme that recruits and supports qualified, international Maths and Science Teachers to teach in England in partnership with school networks. As¬†a DfE approved international recruitment provider Prospero Teaching is
- Sourcing Maths and¬†Physics¬†Teachers from Australia, New Zealand, Canada and America
- Matching teachers to school requirements
- Arranging interviews
- Supporting visa processes
for schools. Teachers¬†will receive support, visa and relocation advice and a support and¬†acclimatisation¬†package
- Pre-arrival support
- On arrival training including¬†lesson planning, safeguarding,¬†behaviour¬†management and¬†much¬†more
- On-going CPD and in-school mentoring
Regional offices and locations
- SE England (London and Essex)
- North / NW¬†England¬†(Leeds and Manchester)
- Teach in the UK from abroad: Canada, Australia, Netherlands, South Africa, New Zealand, Ireland.
OUR VISIONS & VALUES ‚Äď ROB GRAYS
I was recently asked what my vision, mission, values and brand are for Prospero? That‚Äôs easy I said.
Our vision:¬†‚ÄúTo be the recruitment and training agency of choice for clients and candidates‚ÄĚ
Our mission:¬†‚ÄúTo provide our clients with the best candidates we can, so they will go on to shape and inspire minds, to develop their own careers and to allow our clients and candidates to grow and fulfil their ambition‚ÄĚ
Our values:¬†‚ÄúFamily, Trust, Quality, Professionalism and Empowerment‚ÄĚ
Our Brand:¬†‚ÄúProfessionalism, expertise and a deep sense of caring for our client‚Äôs and candidates needs and satisfaction‚ÄĚ
So you can see that the impact we all have is far reaching‚Ä¶
I do believe that if asked what as a boss I can do to improve things, I‚Äôd say‚Ä¶keep moving forward, whether it‚Äôs the training, the culture or the processes etc ‚Ä¶.and it‚Äôs my job to make sure that we continue to improve, but I do truly believe we have the best people to achieve and exceed these goals‚Ä¶‚Ä¶‚Ä¶and reach for the stars.
Become Part of Prospero Teaching
- Become a Prospero Teacher or Support Staff Member in Schools
- Become a Prospero Consultant
As we grow our consultants tell us they love making a difference to people’s lives from a dynamic, growing, responsive, bureaucracy-free environment, where they feel valued¬†and¬†cherished. They love the in-depth and continued training, extensive resources, career opportunities and excellent¬†package that comes with working for Prospero.
We are proud that Prospero Teaching has one¬†of the lowest agency staff turnovers; the majority of our consultants have been with¬†us¬†five years. We are therefore able to provide a consistently high level of service to our teachers and schools and ensure our consultants have all the tools they need to do their jobs effectively.
Commitment to Innovation and Social/Ethical Responsibility
Prospero¬†continually innovates, offering free, additional services to our most loyal schools and teachers, thereby inspiring whole school communities. ¬†We do this by workshopping¬†a range of issues, employing high achieving, sporting legends and expert leaders in their field to deliver the
- Charitable initiatives.¬†Each year we¬†choose a charity working with children to support.¬†Working with children’s charities is a vital to¬†everyone at Prospero
- In 2015 our chosen charity was The Neuroblastoma Society¬†for whom we’re raising funds by running The Regents Park 10k Run last summer.
- in 2016 we have chosen to the National Autistic Society’s World Autism Awareness Week
Belonging to the Prospero Teaching Community
Our dedicated, qualified, support team of ex teachers not only match you to the right jobs, but also support in offering our¬†accredited CPD courses, workshops, advice and training across a wide range of topics. Thus supporting you before (jobs matching), during¬†(interviews¬†and observed lessons) and after in the job – in the classroom with free teaching resources, blogs and one to one teacher-to-teacher support and advice.
- Awards that recognise and celebrate brilliant teaching
- Rewarding loyalty
- Accredited CPD¬†courses, seminars and workshops
- Free teaching resources
- Social events and teacher networking
- Weekly blogs (nearly100¬†archived blogs on a range of topical issues)–
- Joining us on¬†Facebook,¬†Twitter,¬†Google+¬†and¬†LinkedIn
‚ÄėBalls To Bullying‚Äô Campaign
Prospero Teaching launched a new initiative ‚ÄėBalls To Bullying‚Äô to help aspire and motivate children in schools nationally, addressing the concerns our next generation face on a daily basis, such as bullying (in person and online), stereotyping, and LGBT issues.
We have and continue to develop programmes which we take into school¬†with¬†Welsh rugby great Gareth ‚ÄėAlfie‚Äô Thomas who represented Wales in both rugby union and rugby league.
He said: ‚ÄėPeople might not believe it to look at me ‚Äď because I‚Äôm a big lad ‚Äď but bullying has a lot to do with my life story, who I am and where I come from.¬†Read more