Education Graduate – Cambridge | September 2019
About the job
Education Graduate / Teaching Assistant – Cambridge – September 2019
No experience needed, just a can do attitude and a passion for education!
About the Education Graduate / Teaching Assistant position:
Prospero Teaching are looking for a recent graduate who is looking to gain classroom experience before starting teacher training. This is a long term position starting in September 2019 or earlier.
We have worked with the school for a number of years providing them graduates, and there ma be the potential to stay on for teacher training through a salaried route!
- We are looking for a recent Graduate to work as a Teaching Assistant to join a secondary school in the Cambridge area.
- This is ideal for recent graduates looking to gain classroom experience before starting teacher training.
- English, Maths or Science specialists would be beneficial.
- No experience needed, but any experience working with children or young people in any capacity will be helpful, including any classroom experience being advantageous.
- You will be working 5 days a week, term time only.
- The successful candidate will be working with students who have various SEND, and working with students throughout years 7-13. Where possible, the school will offer you work within your subject area.
Contract details for the Education Graduate / Teaching Assistant position:
- Location – Cambridge
- Position – Full Time Education Graduate / Teaching Assistant, term time only
- Type of work – Teaching Assistant in a secondary school
- Start date – ASAP
- Contract type – Long term supply
- Duration / Likely Duration – Ongoing
- Full time/part time – Full time
- Minimum rate of pay – £60 per day
About the successful Education Graduate / Teaching Assistant:
- Previous experience working in schools or with young people is preferred but not essential as full training will be provided.
- You should hold a recent degree, ideally with a 2:1 or higher.
- You will have a passion for education and a can do attitude.
- You will be an excellent role model for young people.
- You will be pro active and innovative with the ability to engage students in different ways.
To be eligible the Education Graduate / Teaching Assistant must have/be:
- Highly motivated and focused on achieving the best for every student.
- A positive attitude and desire to maintain current standards and raise attainment across the school.
- Lots of energy and enthusiasm.
- The ability to engage and motivate students whilst making learning fun.
- Excellent communication skills.
Please apply now with your updated CV, if this position is of interest.
If you have a friend who you think would be interested in this vacancy then please refer them to us and you could earn £150 from our Refer a Friend scheme.
Prospero Teaching recruits exceptional teachers from across the globe, the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, Belgium, The Netherlands, Ireland and New Zealand and provides them with teaching jobs in London and the UK. Here at Prospero Teaching we strive to make a real impact on education and teaching with our global opportunities. If moving from overseas, Prospero Teaching provides assistance with setting up your bank account as well as accommodation assistance, and tons of aftercare and training.