English Graduate – Harlow, Essex | November 2019
About the job
English Graduate to work as a Cover Supervisor / Unqualified Teacher – Harlow, Essex | Start ASAP
Prospero Teaching are looking for an enthusiastic English graduate to work as a Cover Supervisor in a secondary school in in the Harlow area. You will be based in the same school every day working across all age groups (11-16) and a variety of subjects.
You will have the opportunity to cover a range of subjects for students in KS3 and KS4, and will be expected to control the class and manage behaviour as and when needed. As a Cover Supervisor, you will be able to take on the responsibility of the full time class teacher when the teacher is absent; sickness, training courses, school trips etc.
About the school / job:
- Mainstream Secondary School in Harlow
- Working with students in KS3 and KS4 (ages 11-16)
- You will need to have a strong classroom presence and be confident to manage behaviour as and when necessary using the school behaviour policy
- Full time position to start after the October half term
- Perfect for graduates looking to gain classroom experience and confidence before starting teacher training. It looks great on your CV!
- The lessons will all be set and you will be expected to make sure the students stay on task, managing behaviour in line with school policies
- We are looking for adaptable people as you may be covering a range of subjects during the day
Contract details for the English Graduate position:
- Location – Harlow
- Position – English Graduate to work as a Cover Supervisor / Unqualified Teacher
- Type of work – Long term supply
- Start date – 4th November 2019
- Contract type – Temporary
- Full tme/part time – Full time
- Minumim rate of pay – £65 per day
Experience, Training and Qualifications required for the English Graduate Cover Supervisor / Unqualified Teacher position:
- Previous experience working with children or young people os desirable but not essential
- Ideally hold a degree in English or a related subject
- A passion for working with children and young people
- You will be pro active and adaptable, with lots of energy and enthusiasm
To be eligible for the English Graduate position through Prospero Teaching you must:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
Prospero Teaching recruits exceptional teachers from across the globe, the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, Belgium, The Netherlands, Ireland and New Zealand and provides them with teaching jobs in London and the UK. Here at Prospero Teaching we strive to make a real impact on education and teaching with our global opportunities. If moving from overseas, Prospero Teaching provides assistance with setting up your bank account as well as accommodation assistance, and tons of aftercare and training.