Latin teacher needed, Ware, Starting September 2019
About the job
Latin teacher needed, Ware, Hertfordshire Starting September 2019
Prospero Teaching are looking for a knowledgeable Latin teacher to work in a secondary school located in Ware steeped in history. This Outstanding independent day and boarding school are initially seeking someone to take on a Permanent role starting September 2019.
The school is one of the oldest Catholic schools in England located in East Hertfordshire, a nice rural town called Ware, the independent school are graded by the ISI as a GOOD school, mixed gendered with approximately 850 pupils, ages range from 3-18 years.
All candidates are welcome to apply providing you have some experience in teaching Latin and/or German. The best candidate is one who can create suitable work for students whilst organizing subject resources and maintain high standards in this stimulating learning environment. Extra-curricular activities would be another great addition to your skill set and your involvement would be highly appreciated by senior staff.
As a member of the Latin department you will be required to commit to a teaching timetable and deliver well-planned lessons using effective teaching methods, a variety of activities and have good classroom management.
This is a rare opportunity to work in a school like this, so if you are interested in hearing more please get in touch.
Latin teacher Contract / position details
Position: Latin teaching
Type of work: Latin Class teaching, marking and assessment
Start date: 3rd September 2019
Contract type: Permanent
Minimum rate of pay: Dependent upon your main PayScale
Hour: 8:20am-4:00pm (term time only)
Latin Teacher Experience, Training and Qualifications
- Qualified Teacher of English
- You will need to have taught in Secondary Schools either in a permanent or supply basis
- NQT’S welcome to apply
- Overseas trained Latin teachers welcome to apply
- You will be required to commit to a full-time Latin teaching timetable
- Joining a well-resourced Latin dept where team teaching, and support is given
- You will be required to plan engaging stimulating Latin lessons and use the variety of technology the school has to deliver these Latin lessons
- Hold strong communication skills
- Ability to engage with students and build rapport
To be eligible for any teaching job with Prospero Teaching, you must:
- Hold the Right to Work in the UK.
- Possess an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with online update service or be willing to process a new application.
- Provide two professional child related references.
If you are a Latin Teacher and would like to be considered for this teaching role, please apply below or call us on 020 7404 6383.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful Latin teacher:
Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management are available.
If you would like to earn a £150 bonus and know someone who would be interested in this or other teaching jobs check out our Refer a Friend scheme.