Secondary Economics Teacher Required in Brockley, SE London
About the job
Prospero Teaching are looking for a Economics Teacher to start in September 2020. This is to work in a mainstream secondary school in the Brockley area. The school are looking to interview ASAP.
About the school and contract:
- We are looking for a Eonomics Teacher to start ASAP in a mainstream secondary school in the Brockley area.
- You will be focusing on teaching KS4 and KS5 students.
- The school has a Sixth Form so there is the potential to teach KS5.
- This position is suitable for an experienced HOD or 2nd in department looking to take the next step in their career.
- There may also be some 1:1 teaching involved.
- The Business departments are experienced and supportive with specialists in all areas.
- Full time (5 days a week) teaching position including planning and marking.
About the successful Economics Teacher:
- Previous experience teaching KS4 and KS5 Business Studies in the UK.
- Experience leading a department or as a 2nd in department looking for a step up.
- You should ideally hold a teaching qualification (QTS or QTLS preferred) or equivalent.
- Experience teaching in the UK is desirable but not essential.
- You will have excellent classroom and behaviour management.
- You will be pro active and innovative with the ability to engage students in different ways.
Contract details for the Business Studies HOD position:
- Location – Brockley, South East London
- Position – Full Time Business Studies Teacher
- Type of work – Teaching in a secondary school
- Start date – September 2020
- Contract type – temporary
- Duration / Likely Duration – until end of academic year
- Full time/part time – Full time (5 days)
- Minimum rate of pay – £130 per day for qualified teachers
To be eligible the Business Studies HOD must have/be:
- Highly motivated and focused on achieving the best for every student.
- A positive attitude and desire to maintain current standards and raise attainment across the school.
- Lots of energy and enthusiasm.
- The ability to engage and motivate students whilst making learning fun.
- Excellent communication skills – the school encourages good communication with Parents/Carers.
- A positive role model.
Please apply now with your updated CV, if this position is of interest.
If you have a friend who you think would be interested in this vacancy then please refer them to us and you could earn £150 from our Refer a Friend scheme.