Support Worker, Kingsbury, Immediate Start.
About the job
School: Secondary school
Key stages: Key Stage 4
Start date: Immediate Start
Prospero Teaching are actively seeking Support Workers for a Special Needs School based in Kingsbury, to support Key Stage 4 with moderate to severe learning disabilities and complex behaviors.
The diversity celebrating SEN school strive to achieve the goal that the whole community feel they belong and can make a contribution to the greater good.
The ideal Support Worker must want to make a real and positive impact on children’s lives, show enthusiasm and commitment to making every day different.
About the school
The school has a sensory resource base;
- A range of sensory and soft play suites
- A resourced swimming pool
- Extensive play and outdoor learning areas
- Multi-agency hubs
- A fully operational shop, cafe and producing kitchen
- A hall with full lighting and sound facilities
- Drama/dance studio
- Fully equipped sports hall
- A self -contained flat to support life skills and lifestyle learning
- A training suite and specialist teaching rooms and resources.
As a Support Worker you will be part of a cohesive team providing a caring and sensitive learning environment, ensuring each young person’s wellbeing and allowing them to excel in everything they do.
You will be responsible for supporting the individuals in acquiring skills and experiences that will teach attitudes to help promote greater independence in day to day duties.
Pupils make excellent progress from very low starting points because there is no ceiling placed on what they can achieve.
Pupils enjoy learning and demonstrate a tremendous sense of delight as they learn new skills.
Inspiring, colourful and thoughtfully resourced learning environments motivate pupils to achieve extremely well.
Support Worker Skills and Qualifications
The ideal Support Worker would have previous experience in;
- Working as a support worker with children with learning disabilities, complex behaviour and challenging behaviour
- In manual handling
- Personal care
- Peg feeding
- Administering medication
- Hoisting certificates
- NVQ level 3 in Health and Social Care or equivalent or be working towards or interested in working towards
Support Worker Benefits
- Flexible working hours and shift patterns
- Excellent Rates of pay
- Refer a friend scheme
Want to know more about this Support Worker Role?
If you’d like to know more about this Support Worker position then please call our London Head Office on 020 7404 6383 If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful Support Worker;
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team***
If you know of anyone who may be interested in this position, please forward their details to us and you could be eligible for our £150 referral scheme (Terms and conditions apply).
As the best teacher and supply teacher recruitment agency the U.K. has to offer, we ensure every step of your path with Prospero Teaching is a great one. We offer free courses in teaching, lesson planning, CPD certified qualifications, help with moving overseas and much more. Whether you want to teach music in Liverpool, Maths in London or Business and Economics in Manchester we have the right teaching job for you.