Types of staff & employment
We are one of the largest providers of recruitment services to the education sector with over 15,000 registered candidates. As an REC Audited Education Recruitment Agency, we adhere to their best practice and combined with a comprehensive CPD training calendar, our good reputation is something we hold in high regard.
Teachers and Support Staff
Our extensive database of candidates includes:
- Primary & Secondary Teachers
- Head and Assistant Head Teachers
- Department Heads
- Business Managers, Admin and Accounts
- SEN and Inclusion Specialists
- Teaching / Classroom Assistants
- Nursery Nurses
- Cover Supervisors
- Learning Mentors
- Extended Day Provision Cover
- Technical staff (network, media and audio visual)
- Qualified, overseas Maths and Physics Teachers from Australia, Canada, New Zealand who are being recruited and supported for schools and academies in the North and the SW of England as part of the UK Government’s international STEM teacher recruitment programme.
Types of contract
Permanent Work – Often schools will employ Prospero to find permanent members of staff for them. Alternatively teachers working on a long-term basis covering a permanent vacancy be may offered a permanent contract by the school.
Daily Supply – This is the most flexible option covering absence. Daily supply will give you the opportunity to work in a variety of locations, which will enable you to find a school that suits your personality, teaching style and specialism, before committing to a more long-term appointment.
Short-Term Supply – Short-term work can run to up to half a term and allows you to gain greater insight into the roles and responsibilities of permanent staff members. Short-term workers need to take on a greater degree of responsibility for planning than a daily worker, and working in this way is an excellent route for less experienced teachers and support workers who want to get a taste of school life.
Long-Term Supply – Working in a post for half a term or longer, long-term supply allows you to take the full responsibilities of a permanent member of staff. Long-term teachers are required to make a greater contribution to curriculum planning and the life of the school as a whole.
Types of school
- Early years
- Further Ed
For more information, call +44 (0) 20 7404 6383 or email us at email@example.com